Sunday, January 27, 2019

A prayer for a broken heart


Lord, my heart is so heavy this morning. My sorrow is so great. In the midst of all this pain I am feeling, I am so thankful that you are God and I am not. I am thankful that you are all-powerful, that I do not have to hold it all together or be strong for everyone in my life. You are my strength. You are strong for my loved-ones when I can’t be. I am thankful you are all-knowing – that you know the outcome to this misery I am facing. That I don’t have to figure out what the next week or month or year looks like, because you have it all held together. And you promise my feet won’t slip. Help me, Lord! Strengthen me for today. Give me daily bread, that I can be sustained through this heartache. Thank you God that you are close when I am hurting. Thank you God for the comfort, grace and joy that only you can give. Hold me up today. In your name I pray, Amen.

Share

Related Posts

A prayer for a broken heart
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the above article? Add your email to subscribe.